We are focusing on the issues of encouraging sustainable management on the oceans, including better management of fisheries. To build leadership from the community is one of the primary keys, while single-use plastic waste is an essential angle in creating public awareness. EcoNusa will continue to develop leadership at the local and national levels, especially for the younger generation.
- Supported and co-created Pandu Laut Nusantara, a movement of young leaders communities, politicians, celebrities, and activists that focuses on two sustainable ocean.
- Mobilize 22 Million potential engagement in social media through the accumulation of Pandu Laut members.
- Mobilized 115.000 people in more than 181 different locations across Indonesia within 2018-2019. The movement is called “Menghadap Laut.”
- Developed a series of youth engagement during the Our Ocean Conference (OOC) 2018 in Bali, Indonesia.
- Intervened in the official presidential debate during the national election, with petition and letter to the president, called “Letter from the Ocean.”
- Co-lead the civil society movement with 49 CSOs in Indonesia focused on marine debris issues by developed a monster plastic creature.